Transferring to GW
- Upon admission, your GW School or College should provide you with a GW Transfer-In Form and an admission letter. You should fill out the student-portion of the GW Transfer-In Form and sign it.
- In order to request a SEVIS transfer, and therefore granting GW access to your I-20, please give the GW Transfer-In Form and the admission letter to your current school. The GW Transfer-In Form must be returned to your admitting GW School or College's admissions department. This form helps GW determine if you are eligible for a SEVIS transfer.
- After your SEVIS transfer release date, GW will be able to access your SEVIS record and create an I-20 for you.
- You are required to report to GW's ISO within 15 days of the reporting date on your I-20, or you may risk losing your immigration status.
Please contact the ISO, if:
- You'd like to request a SEVIS transfer, but you are outside the US.
- You'd like to request a SEVIS transfer but you have been outside the US or have not attending classes in the last five months.
- You have questions about how a SEVIS transfer will impact your visa foil or SEVIS I-901 fee.