Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is permission to engage in off-campus employment or internship related to your degree program. It is an integral part of a degree program for which work authorization is provided to allow students to gain practical experience in their field of work while they are still taking classes in their degree program.

ISO advisors offer workshops on CPT several times per year. CPT Workshops are presented by ISO advisors who have specialty training in employment authorization for non-immigrants.

Two handouts are available to assist you with the CPT application process:

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Guidelines
Explains the process for submission of your F-1 CPT request to the ISO.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions about CPT?  We have compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions for you here.

Dates and locations for CPT workshops will be announced on our Events page.