Student Advising Appointments

International Student Advising

 If you have a question for the International Services Office, International Student Advisors, the following options are available:

  • Email
  • Visit Drop-In Quick Start Advising - available on a first-come-first-served basis in the Colonial Crossroads lobby, Monday - Thursday 1:30 - 3:30 for advising appointments that will take no more than 5 minutes
  • Make an Appointment

Make an Appointment

Appointments booked through the following links are individual appointments with an ISO Advisor, which require more extensive advising than we can provide during Drop-In Quick Start Advising hours.  Advising options include in-person, phone or Skype appointments.

  • Click on your GW School/College below to make a 15 minute appointment.
  • Appointment slots are for 20 minutes, including time for the ISO to transition to the next student. 
  • All appointments will be confirmed via your email address.
  • Please do not book multiple appointments. 
  • J-1 non-degree seeking exchange students and J-1 scholars, student interns, professors, or specialists should arrange an appointment with Annie Hill or Ashley Koerner by emailing
  • Appointments are in high demand, so if you no longer need an appointment reservation, please cancel to allow other students to book. Thank you!


Columbian College of Arts and Sciences (CCAS)

Includes: School of Media & Public Affairs, Trachtenberg School of Public Policy & Public Administration, Corcoran School of the Arts & Design

College of Professional Studies (CPS)

Includes: Graduate School of Political Management

Elliott School of International Affairs (ESIA)


Graduate School of Education and Human Development (GSEHD)

Includes: Corcoran Art Education

Law School (LAW)


Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPHHS)


School of Business (GWSB)


School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS)


School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)


School of Nursing (SON)



If none of the above links apply, please select this option. Students requesting to change to F-1 or J-1 status, should choose from the above links accordingly.