- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
ISO Welcome Center Services
After arriving in the U.S., one of the first things you will need to do is visit the Welcome Center at the International Services Office (ISO). No appointment is needed.
At the Welcome Center, our team of student ambassadors and office staff will provide you with information to help you prepare for your life as a GW student. During your visit, we will also review and photocopy your immigration documents to ensure that you are legally ready to begin your studies and to help you complete the required check-in process.
Please bring the following documents with you when you check in at the Welcome Center:
- Your valid passport with visa.
- Your I-94 record, printed from the Customs and Border Patrol website. For information on how to print your record, please visit the ISO's page on the I-94 Automation Process.
- F-1 Students - GW I-20 Form.
- J-1 Students / Scholars - GW DS-2019 Form.
- The address and phone number of where you are staying.
- Transfer Students: Please bring all previous I-20s and immigration documents, as you may be asked for them during the check-in process.