- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
ISO Welcome Center Services
The "Welcome Center" is a resource room available to new students which comprises of material to assist students with their transition to the US as well as GW. Material such as calling home, housing, safety, transportation, GW Events, health and wellness and other miscellaneous items are available. The Welcome Center is a great opportunity to provide our international students with GW resources, events on campus and also serves to welcome students to the GW family! Our new incoming students rely on information available at Welcome Center and appreciate the material to assist with acclimatizing them to the US and the GW community.
After arriving in the U.S., one of the first things you will need to do is visit the Welcome Center at the International Services Office (ISO). No appointment is needed.
At the Welcome Center, our team of student ambassadors and office staff will provide you with information to help you prepare for your life as a GW student. During your visit, we will also review and photocopy your immigration documents to ensure that you are legally ready to begin your studies and to help you complete the required check-in process.
Please bring the following documents with you when you check in and visit the Welcome Center:
- Your valid passport with visa.
- Your I-94 record, printed from the Customs and Border Patrol website. For information on how to print your record, please visit the ISO's page on the I-94 Automation Process.
- F-1 Students - GW I-20 Form.
- J-1 Students / Scholars - GW DS-2019 Form.
- The address and phone number of where you are staying.
- Transfer Students: Please bring all previous I-20s and immigration documents, as you may be asked for them during the check-in process.
Are you a new student? Here is some helpful Information to help you with your transition to GW:
- Apartments near GWU
- Banks near GW
- Calling Home
- Cell Phone Plans
- DC Neighborhoods
- Ethnic Markets & Groceries
- GWorld Merchants
- Health Insurance Requirements- F-1 & J-1 Students
- Health Insurance Waiver Process
- Health Insurance- How to Print your Insurance Card
- How to Find a Roommate
- Install Internet for your Apartment
- On-Campus Employment-F-1 Students
- Temporary Housing Information
- Tours and Sightseeing
- University Counseling Center
- US Drivers License/State ID